Friday, March 4, 2011

Miscarriage and PCOS

So since the other day, I've been doing a lot of reading on PCOS. And the miscarriage statistics are still the main thing that are jumping out at me. I see 40% listed as the miscarriage rate for women with PCOS. Forty percent. The "normal" miscarriage rate is 15-20%. So if you are diagnosed with PCOS, you are twice as likely to have a miscarriage if you're lucky enough to get pregnant. And getting pregnant can be easy for some, but for others it requires medical assistance. How much assistance depends on the person. It could be as simple as taking clomid, or as complicated and expensive as IVF (see the references for common fertility treatments). There's no guarantee that anything will work.

We are open to adoption. I have absolutely no problem with it, and would like to adopt as well as have biological children. It's having the option to have biological children possibly taken away that seems the most painful. I know there are a lot of children that need good homes, which is why I think adoption is wonderful. But I want to also have biological children. I hope that is an option for us. I have to have hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment