Monday, August 20, 2012

Calling a Spade a Spade...

Sometimes when I am reading things about TTC (trying to conceive) there is all sorts of "avoiding using the S word" going on. I'm guessing that people say things like "Hubby and I BD'd twice this cycle" and "we're going to try to have BMS tonight" are a little less skeevy than saying "Hey everyone, we're going to have lots and lots of sex/make love today to try and make a baby!" or any variation thereof.

Still, having the juvenile mind that I have, it makes me giggle every time. Yes, I suppose it's a little TMI either way, and I guess it is much nicer to use cute little acronyms to describe things that most people don't go in to detail about to their closest friends.

On that note, we share SO MUCH with each-other in the TTC community, don't you think? Bodily functions we don't share with very close family/friends we discuss in detail with relative strangers, and it works. It works because we're all gunning for the same thing- a sweet little baby. It's what we want, and we're going to do as much as we can to make it happen.

I have to say that the TTC community is wonderful, and I'm glad that there is so much support out there for women (and men) that are going through fertility issues or difficulty conceiving, regardless of what the reason for that difficulty is.

No comments:

Post a Comment